Are you confused with all the jargons of technologies and don’t know where to start? Do you have the time? Do you have the technical expertise to know which services are most suited for your organization? Most SMBs lack the time, IT resources, and financial resources to effectively shop technology services for the business. Large organizations in the other hand has the time, IT resources, and financial means to make the smartest decisions. Now, the trick is “how to do it as an SMB”
1. Time – I don’t have the time to research, choose potential vendors, discovery sessions, get quotes, evaluate, choose, and implement.
2. IT resources – I don’t have IT staff to handle to make changes and help choose the right technology solution for my business.
3. Financial Resources – Managed services are expensive with multi year commitment. I don’t want to make the wrong decision that will affect my business for years to come.
1. Choose a solution provider that is partnered with reputable service providers. You do not pay more for the services, but you get the expertise of a solution partner that can do the heavy lifting and shop multiple providers for you. ViaCore Strategy is a leading solution provider with over 85 market leading service providers under contract. We help SMBs leverage market knowledge and industry experience to tailor a solution based on your need.
2. Outsource your challenges – Hiring an out side IT services do a job can be perceived expensive but if you take in to account of technology gaps, security vulnerabilities, and productivity losses to your business “It is not expensive”. Talk to us and find out how you can outsource IT related challenges so you can get back to business
3. Take inventory of services you have and do a deep dive. You will be surprised of what you find. You will find what is holding your business back and what is helping. Don’t know where to start? Contact us and we will walk you through the process, best of all “No Cost”
4. Decide to change with time. Business environment is changing so fast, even the largest and the biggest pocket organizations are faced with speed of innovation lag. Leverage the flexibility of SMB and control your business destiny
How to start engagement with Solution Providers:
1. Take inventory of what you have. Gather your bills, list your equipment, contracts, and an idea of where you would like to be in near future
2. Contact your trusted solution providers, make sure SP you choose has the proper partner agreement with major service providers. This way, you are protected from unnecessary mark up and un expected bill for the services from an SP
3. Provide all the information necessary to properly gauge your business and assess your current state. Many customers are afraid of disclosing information but there is nothing to worry about when dealing with reputable SP. If you choose the right SP, they win when you win. They will have your best interest
4. Provide a timeline for your decision. This will create an urgency to provide necessary information you need to make a decision
5. Review quotes. Make sure you inform your trusted SP to provide multi option solution. This way you can pick and choose the best suitable solution for your business. Watch out for SPs that do not give you options. Ask them why?
6. Decide and pay attention to details (Implementation). This is where most of SP fail. SPs are focused on the sale not after the sale (Post Sales) and many customers are disappointed after the fact. Customers purchase complicated services but lack the IT expertise to properly implement and use the service to full potential. Make sure you ask about what happens after you sign on the dotted line.
7. Have periodic meetings with your SP. Review your business condition and discuss with your trusted SP and have them become a virtual technology team for free.
And last bit of warning!!
Do not contact the service providers directly. Because if you contact AT&T, they will not tell you Spectrum is better at certain services and vice versa. You will not refer your competitor, period. Matter of fact they will even hide the details to win over your business. That is that fact.
Contact viaCore Strategy and get a neutral unbiased opinion and compare your quote with multiple services providers in order to choose the best solution for your business.
At viaCore Strategy, we are committed to achieving our vision for entrepreneurs, owners, and office managers to transform their business with innovative tools and methods.
Take the first step in getting
better internet connection.